While your typical ‘Top 10’ list reads like a ‘Best Of’, we take a different slant, annually compiling your Patron Survey Feedback into our Site Improvements Planning List. This year we received more than 800 responses to our online feedback request! Here’s what you can look forward to!
- SHUTTLES! Yep, so we can’t have enough. With a huge ‘thank you’ to the Wilkesboro, NC, Boy Scout Troop for their years of dedicated service, we also welcome the calvary in the form Mountain Valley Transportation- providing school bus transport for Roanoke area schools for decades. In 2013 the Scouts, with their hitches and trailers, will assist with camping gear transport, while MVT busses will go directly to and from the ‘Alpha-Delta’ complex, servicing all of our off-site parkers and campers!
- POWER TO THE PEOPLE (no, really!) With help from some electrical engineer friends, we’ve mapped an elaborate distribution system that will enable us to power 120 RVs- Thursday- Sunday! Let the DELTA Block Party BEGIN!
- NO CROWDING! We’re with you.. our mission We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again- our mission is to be the best music festival experience of our time, selling a limited quantity of tickets to the highest quality event experience, bar none, celebrating music, art and life in an intimate, visually stunning environment.
- DESIGNATED SMOKING AREAS. Fair enough… some of us do, some of us don’t, and those who don’t should not have to breathe it. This year look for designated ‘non-smoking camping’ as well as increased signage and patrol in congested areas, including the main field. That said, we’re still Rockin’ in the Free World!
- WATER, WATER EVERYWHERE! So Klean Kanteen is, like, the best partner ever! Don’t we all really believe that good, clean water is a right, not a privledge?! To best water the masses, look for another hydration station in 2013!
- SHADE-y grove, my little love.. So we’ll keep hanging shade sails and planting trees, though admittedly, on our end, we do love the sun
- OFF SITE SHOWERS seem reasonable enough, and will decrease the demand on our 15 onsite showers. Look for these, and other new amenities at .. wait for it.. Lot D-now known as DELTA Lot! which we are making it’s own destination vacation!
- CAMPING CROSSROADS: Feeling gridlocked? We have timberframe partner Dreaming Creek stockpiling those awesome, solid timbers to continue lining our camping pathways, creating pathways so you can find your tent again!
- CAMPING CLARITY : So not-so-quiet camping lives up to it’s name, but ‘quiet camping’ isn’t so quiet. With 9 stages of music, quietude is a challenge. In 2013 we’re working to improve the pathway down to ‘adventure camping’ which we may well rename Truly Quiet Camping. Alternately, we would encourage our lightest sleepers to consider laying their heads at DELTA Lot our huge, beautiful offsite camping area with amenities including showers, campstore, bonfire and more.
- SIGN, SIGN, everywhere a SIGN! More directionals? That’s a no-brainer! Look for an enlarged, centrally-located ‘YOU ARE HERE’ site map, shuttle queue signs magnified x5, and whatever else we can think of that will make your path more apparant!
WHO CARES?! WE DO!